Optimization of the Intraquery parallelism (parallelism to optimize the performances of the single query) and Interquery parallelism (parallelism to optimize the performances of the engine with concurrent queries).
• Improvement of the Heap management to reduce the negative effects of the Heap Contention (frequent concurrent requests of dynamic allocation of memory segments from threads).
• New algorithms for the automatic and/or guided management of the parallelism in the Nested Loops.
• Resizing of local buffers for the optimization of the use of the first and second level cache.
• Redesigning of the parallel algorithms and their scheduling to reduce the frequency of the switch context of the threads.
• Total throughput time of many concurrent queries improved by a factor of 10.
• Query response time improved by 50% with Union operators, and RAM maximum usage reduced by 50%.